CRM users can be set up with two levels of access as standard which are:
1. An Admin User - this user has access to all features of the CRM including Data Export and Global Settings where Tags and Custom Fields can be added and removed.
2. A Basic User can access contacts but has limited access as follows:
Basic users are unable to:
- Print contacts
- Merge contact records together
- No access to Global Settings so they are unable to add Tags or create Custom Fields.
- They also do not have access to the Security tab inside the Edit feature of a contacts record.
3. A Basic user with tag based security can be set up to only see their individual contacts and not the whole database if required. This is popular with sales, support or call centre teams to restrict contact access.
Additional Security Levels:
4. Manager rights - view task folders of other users to track and manage tasks or projects - this is done by setting up global task folders.
5. Read-Only access - this is popular for users within the organisation who do not need to edit within the CRM account and only need to view certain information: i.e.
- Management (who just want to see overview of team activity)
- Engineers who just want to see their appointments in the calendar and tasks reminders in the task section.
- Accounts - Just want to view accounts section for invoicing
By applying a 'Read-Only' rule for a user this will disable any such edit features inside the CRM system so for example they would be unable to:
- Edit a contact
- Tag a contact
- Add History
- Add Tasks
- Add Notes
6. Restrict Access to Features
We can also hide certain sections inside a read-only user account, for example, we can hide the Phone, e-Marketing and Accounts sections of the CRM.
Please be aware that a restricted access user will still have access to the Settings icon - where they can only view their own profile settings as well as the Help and Logoff icons which are along the top of the menu bar.
We have set up a variety of bespoke security rights for different users depending on requirements. If you want to discuss this further please contact our Support Helpdesk.