1. Hyperlinks within custom fields allows you to link one contact against another.
Whether it be a link to a person or organisation.
2. Examples of when you may with to use a hyperlink e.g. referral, candidate for job placement, attendees on an event?
How to set up a hyperlink association:
1. Create the custom field type by going into Settings, click on Global Settings and go down to Custom Fields.
2. A pop up window will appear, scroll down to the custom field section at the bottom.
3. Click on the 2nd box along to select the hyperlink option - you have a choose of Associated Contacts (this will allow you to associate a person to another contact within the database) or Associated Organisations (this will allow you to associate an organisation against a person or another contact within the database.
4. If you go into a contact you will see a custom field created now. It will have a heading and then an empty box next to it.
5. Click on Update Settings and the custom field will now have the hyperlink associated with it.
How to put a hyperlink into a contact?
1. Now go into Contacts section as shown below:
2. Open up a contact record and you will see the Custom Fields displayed.
3. The new hyperlink that you created will be there and all you need to do now is choose a contact(s) that you want to associate the contact you are in with. See example above.
If you have any questions please contact our Support Helpdesk for assistance.