1. You can switch off the Email reminders for Tasks by going to the Settings icon in your account.
2. A pop up screen will appear and simply change the Task Reminders option from True to False.
3. Also un-check the Email Alerts box and then update the settings to save this selection.
4. The Task Reminder emails that you normally would get for when a task has been created, assigned, due today and completed will then be deactivated.
5. To turn them back on again just change the setting to True and check the Email Alerts box and click on Update Settings.