What to check before you send out your email campaign:
Please click here to watch a short video to help you check your email campaign before you send it out.
Alternatively please read the check list of requirements you need to adhere to before you SEND out an e-Marketing campaign using e-Marketing.
1. You must comply with our e-Marketing Policy Anti-Spam
Please click here to read our policy before you use the e-Marketing feature.
2. Has your senders email address been authenticated?
Authenticating an email address removes the 'on behalf of ' from your email campaign and helps to improve your email campaigns deliverability.
It is strongly recommended that you set up and use a domain email address. We do not advise the use of free source email addresses such as hotmail, yahoo or Gmail for when sending out e-Marketing campaigns as these are likely to receive high bounce rates and could be seen as spam by the recipients.
Please contact our Support Desk so we can authenticate your senders email address.
3. Have you set up SPF, DKIM and DMARC records?
By doing this it will greatly help your email deliverability meaning that your email is more likely to reach the recipients inbox and not be blocked by spam filters.
Please click here to read more about setting up SPF, DKIM and DMARC records.
4. Have you entered and checked your Subject Line?
Check your Subject line to make sure that it does not contain any word or phrase that may be deemed as spam – please click here to read more about the spam trigger words to avoid using in your subject line.
Please note: Please make sure the subject line does not contain any pipe characters | as this will cause an issue with the sending of the email.
5. Ensure all emails have an Unsubscribe Link
You must provide the recipient with an easy way to unsubscribe - this gives those who do not want to receive emails from you again the chance to unsubscribe - as shown below:
Please note this is essential as part of our policy on e-Marketing and anti spam.
To add the unsubscribe link to your email please click on the Insert drop down option as shown above and select Unsubscribe to add this link to your template - as shown below:
6. Ensure emails with images have the View Online link
This should be inserted at the top of the email. Once again click on the Insert drop down option and select the View Online option to add this link to your template.
7. You must ALWAYS ensure when adding a hyperlink you prefix it with https://
8. Do not put unusual characters in the subject line
Please do not use characters such as %,*, $, £, & ! etc otherwise it will throw up errors within your subject line. This can also be blocked by spam filters.
9. Always send yourself a test email
10. Remember you can duplicate an email and create it as your MASTER email template
11. When you duplicate an email ALWAYS use the duplicate listed first
12. NEVER go into an old email and over-type into it
13. Check your Senders Email Address
We are not liable if you send out an email without properly checking the format beforehand.
Enter your email address into the send test field and click on 'Send' as shown below:
If you have any questions please contact our Support Helpdesk for assistance.