Below are the instructions to set up the handset number assignment on a Gigaset N300 or N510 Base Station:
1. Register the handsets to the base station to do this please follow the steps below:
- The phone will automatically show a screen saying 'Register' when you charge it and it first switch on.
- Press the right hand arrow key on the silver square to access the menu options.
- Next select the option Settings - this is shown as a spanner icon
- Next select Handset and Registration
- If asked to enter PIN enter 0000
- You will see the message Base flash on the display screen of your phone
- Go to the base station - within 60 seconds of pressing register on the phone, press and hold the registration/paging button for about 3 seconds. (The main blue button in the middle at the front of the base unit).
- The Phone screen should confirm it has been registered by displaying INT 1.
- Now your handset will be registered and ready to use.
2. Next you will need to log in to the N300 / N510 base station - to do this please follow the steps below:
- Access Settings on your phones handset by selecting the central button on your handset as shown below and selecting the Settings icon which is shown as a Spanner.
- Scroll down to select the 'System' menu option.
- Select 'Local Network’
- You should then see IP address which will be something like 192.168.0.5 …
- Enter the IP address into the address bar of a web browser. If you have any trouble getting the Gigaset web page to load try missing out the last 0 from your IP address.
3. You will then be taken your Gigaset Base Station login as shown below the login screen asks for a password please enter 4 zeros (0000) and then click OK.
4. Navigate to the ‘Settings / Telephony / Number Assignment’ … here you will see your phone handsets:
5. For each handset you can choose which lines will ring on that handset – just click on the check boxes as shown above.
6. You can also select which line profile that handset will have when making calls – just select the line next to the handset you wish to make outgoing calls using.
7. When you are done – click “Set”
8. Click 'Log off' when you have finished.