Firstly download X-Lite for free at the following site: http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite-for-windows-download
Complete the download wizard steps to download XLite onto your PC.
When the download has completed you may need to re-start your computer.
Please note that in order to use X-Lite softphone with your computer you will need to use a headset with a USB port that connects directly to your computer - please click here to find out more.
Please follow the steps below to set up your VoIP phone line on X-Lite softphone:
1. Click on the X-Lite icon which is now stored and displayed directly on your PC desktop:
2. The softphone will now appear on your computer as shown below:
3. Click on Account Settings as shown below in red:
4. A pop up will appear as shown below:
Your VoIP line will then be activated on X-Lite softphone so that you can now make calls.
Just click on the keypad numbers with your mouse and click on the green phone icon to dial a number.
Now click on the green phone icon to make the call - as shown below:
This will dial the number and your call will be connected when the person answers.
How to call via your CRM account?
You must activate the Click2Call feature inside your CRM account - to do this please follow the instructions below:
1. Go to Phone section along the menu bar:
2. Click on the Line Summary icon:
3. Here you will see a summary of your VoIP line(s). Click on the Configure button next to the VoIP line:
4. Note the Extension number of your line as this is the number you need to set up on the Click2Call.
5. Now click on the Settings icon along the menu bar:
6. Here you will see the Click2Call field as shown below:
7. Enter the digits of the Extension number in the Click2Call box and click on Update Settings to save.
8. You are now ready to use Click2Call so that when you click on a phone number or mobile number inside a contact record your Softphone will be activated and will dial the number.
To find out more about this please read below:
Now call a contact from their record inside your CRM account using the click2call that will connect your softphone.
1. Go to Contacts section
2. Open up contact record.
3. Click on the phone number of the contact you wish to call on their business card.
4. The X-Lite softphone will do the click to call for you.
Calling on your softphone when you are not in your CRM account or do not have a contact record to use Click2Call feature.
1. Simple click on the XLite icon on your desktop and the dial pad will appear.
2. The number you have entered via the dial pad will appear here as shown below in red:
3. Now click on the green phone icon to make the call - as shown below: