How to set up your VoIP line on X-Lite softphone for Mac Only:
Please click here to download the free softphone for Mac users: http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite-for-mac-download
Once the softphone has finished downloading you will see an X-Lite icon on your desktop, please follow the instructions below to set up with your new VoIP line:
1. Click on the X-Lite icon on your home screen
2. The X-Lite softphone will open up as shown below:
3. Click on Account Settings as shown below in red:
4. A pop up will appear for you to enter your VoIP phone line settings as shown below:
5. Enter the following details:
User ID: Enter your VoIP 6 digit extension number - click here to see where to find this.
Domain: Enter sip.crmdomain.com
Display Name: Enter your name or business name
Authorization Name: Leave blank
Make sure that 'Register with Domain and receive calls' option is ticked
Send outbound via: Domain is selected
Proxy Address: Enter sip.crmdomain.com in the Address field.
6. Click OK to save
7. Now you can see the summary of the line you have set up as shown below:
Now you are ready to set up a call:
1. To display the number key pad you must click on the Yellow Handset symbol at the bottom and then the number pad will appear as shown below:
Installing your USB Headset onto X-Lite
1. Click on the option Devices along the Top menu – see screenshot example below:
2. Click on Headset mode button - as shown above in blue.
3. A drop down menu will display if you click on the blue button at the end of the Microphone field and it will pick up the name and model of your headset - please make sure you have your headset plugged into your Mac.
4. Click on your headset make and model and then click OK
5. Now you headset is set as the default.
6. Keep you headset plugged into your PC USB port now so that you will be able to answer calls on your headset.
Dialling out on your Softphone to test for the first time:
The number you have entered via the dial pad will appear here as shown below in red:
Now click on the green phone icon to make the call - as shown below:
This will dial the number and your call will be connected when the person answers.
How to call via your CRM account?
You must activate the Click2Call feature inside your CRM account - to do this please follow the instructions below:
1. Go to Phone section along the menu bar:
2. Click on the Line Summary icon:
3. Here you will see a summary of your VoIP line(s). Click on the Configure button next to the VoIP line:
4. Note the Extension number of your line as this is the number you need to set up on the Click2Call.
5. Now click on the Settings icon along the menu bar:
6. Here you will see the Click2Call field as shown below:
7. Enter the digits of the Extension number in the Click2Call box and click on Update Settings to save.
8. You are now ready to use Click2Call so that when you click on a phone number or mobile number inside a contact record your Softphone will be activated and will dial the number.
To find out more about this please read below:
How to make a call using your Softphone:
1. Go to Contacts section
2. Open up contact record.
3. Click on the phone number of the contact you wish to call on their business card.
4. A Click2Call window will appear as shown below:
5. At the same time you will see a Click2Call pop up appear on your screen in the top right hand corner as shown below:
6. Click on the green phone icon to be connected to the call
7. The XLite softphone will do the make the outgoing call for you.
Using your softphone when you are not in your CRM account or do not have a contact record to use Click2Call feature:
1. Simple click on the X-Lite icon on your desktop and the dial pad will appear.
2. The number you have entered via the dial pad will appear here as shown below in red:
3. Now click on the green phone icon to make the call - as shown below:
If you have any questions please contact our Support Helpdesk for assistance.