You can have up to 6 VoIP lines on a Gigaset N300 IP Base station.
Please see the instructions below to find out how you can add a new VoIP line number to be used with an existing Base Unit and Gigaset cordless DECT phone:
How to Register a new VoIP line onto a Base Station
Firstly please make sure you plug in your Gigaset Base Station and cordless phone so that it is connected up to your local network by plugging the Base Station into the LAN port on your router.
If your Gigaset cordless phone is not already registered to the Gigaset Base Station please click here to see how to do this.
Next you will need to register your VoIP Line to your Gigaset Base Station and Phone - please follow the instructions below on how to do this:
1. On your Gigaset cordless DECT handset select the Menu option.
2. Click the Settings option and OK
3. Click the Base option and OK
4. Click Local Network option and OK
5. This will give you an IP address - write down what the IP address is.
Please click here to see some instructions on the above to help you find your VoIP IP address.
6. Type in the VoIP IP address into a browser window on your PC and press the return key to load the page.
Please note: your PC must be connected to the same network (router) as your phone in order for you to access the Gigaset phone web interface settings.
7. This brings you into the Gigaset web interface login screen - enter 0000 as the password to access and click OK as shown below to login:
8. This will bring you to a Gigaset main screen see example below. Click on the Settings option as shown in red:
9. Next click on Telephony option as shown below:
10. Then select Connections - as shown below:
11. To add a new VoIP line onto your current phone you should select a line which says – “Not configured” and click on Edit as shown in the example below:
12. This will then display the IP connection screen as shown below:
13. Enter your connection name or VoIP line number into the Connection Name or Number field.
14. For the ‘Authentication name’ please enter your VoIP extension number. This can be found inside your CRM account under the Phone icon inside the Line Configuration settings - please click here.
15. For the 'Authentication password’ enter your VoIP unique number which is found inside the 'Secret' field.
This can be found inside your CRM account under the Phone icon inside the Line Configuration settings as shown below:
16. For the ‘Username’ please enter your VoIP extension number. This can be found inside your CRM under the Phone icon inside the Line Configuration settings - please click here.
17. In the Display name field - enter the name of your phone line.
18. Next click on ‘Show advanced settings’ as shown above in red. You will then see the following displayed:
19. For the ‘Domain’ / ‘Registration server’ / ‘Outbound server address’ enter ‘sip.crmdomain.com’
20. For ‘Proxy server port’ / ‘Registration server port’ / ‘Outbound proxy port’ enter 5065 … this port number usually gets around issues with firewalls / routers – alternatively 5060 can be used.
21. For the ‘Registration refresh time’ we recommend this be set to 60 sec
22. Then click ‘Set’ to save as shown above in red.
When you have finished please log off to exit.
You will now have registered your new VoIP line onto your Gigaset phone so that you can start using that number to call out and receive calls in.
Please note: if you need to register your Gigaset Dect handset to the Base Station then please click here to see how.