Synchronising your Microsoft Outlook Calendar with your CRM
Please note: Supported Microsoft Office Outlook desktop versions are 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007. This also includes Microsoft Office Outlook 365. To find out what version of Outlook you are using please click here.
Please be aware that Microsoft Outlook Exchange does not support this sync option because it is hosted on a server which behaves differently from the email client ‘Outlook’ which is supported on the above desktop versions only.
It is really important that you advise us if your Outlook is Microsoft Outlook Exchange as using this sync method can potentially delete your calendar events. We can set up a test calendar for you if you are not sure.
Please note: this is 2 way sync between your CRM Calendar account and Outlook Calendar.
Pre Calendar Sync:
1. Before we begin please contact our Support Desk with the name of your calendar(s) that you wish to sync with Outlook as we must provide you with the iCAL URL for each calendar.
2. Please also make sure you have your CRM login details to hand as you will need these as part of the set up process. If you do not know your password and you need to re-set your password please click here.
3. Please also make sure you have done a back-up of your Outlook calendar as a pre-caution to any issues with the sync. Please click here to go directly to the Microsoft Support page to see how to take a back-up.
We cannot take responsibility if you choose to ignore this step and do not take a back-up of your calendar before using this 3rd party sync application.
Sync your Microsoft Outlook Calendar with your CRM Calendars:
1. Click on the link below to download the Outlook CalDav Synchronizer:
2. This will take you to following screen:
3. Click on the green ‘Download’ button to start downloading the Outlook CalDAV Synchronizer as shown below:
4. You will see a green download status bar – see example below:
5. Once it has finished downloading it will show the Thank you message – see example below:
6. You will then see the file is ready to ‘Open’ as shown below – click on Open:
7. The file will be downloaded into your ‘Downloads’ folder as shown below:
8. Click on the ‘CalDAV Synchronizer.Setup’ as shown below:
If you see the following window appear:
Please click on 'More Info' as shown below:
This will show a 'Run anyway' button which you will need to click on as shown below:
The CalDAV plugin will then be downloaded.
9. The CalDavSynchronizer Setup wizard will then open up as shown below:
10. Click on ‘Next’
11. The next window will be a ‘Select installation folder’ - if you want to change the folder that the file is saved in click on ‘Browse’, otherwise click on ‘Next’ as shown below:
Please make sure you download the file to your C:\ drive.
12. You will then see the following window – click on ‘Next’ as shown below:
13. The installation will be set up – you will see the following window to show that the installation is complete:
14. Click on Close as shown above.
15. You will need to close Microsoft Outlook and re-open it again in order to see the CalDav Synchronizer plugin.
16. After installing the plugin, a new ribbon called 'CalDav Synchronizer' is added inside Outlook with 6 menu items – as shown below:
17. There are 6 menu items as shown above:
· Synchronize now
· Synchronization Profiles
· General Options
18. Use the Synchronization Profiles dialog to configure different synchronization profiles.
19. When you click on the ‘Synchronization Profiles’ icon you will see the following ‘Options’ window appear:
Click on the Green plus icon to add a new profile as shown below:
20. Select the ‘Generic CalDAV/CardDAV’ profile and click OK as shown below:
21. You will then see the following screen:
22. Enter a Profile Name as shown below:
23. Outlook Settings – choose a folder name i.e. Calendar which you want to sync – as shown below and click OK.
24. Check the box for ‘Synchronize items immediately after change – as shown below:
25. Server Settings – inside the following fields:
DAV Url: – enter your account URL in the format as shown in the example below:
For instance if you had an account called training4u.icomplete.com and your username was Sarah you would enter:
Please note: your username is case sensitive so if your username is Sarah with an uppercase ‘S’ please use this – if lower case ‘s’ please use this instead.
Please note: enter your ICAL ID manually please do not copy and paste this.
Username: enter your CRM account username e.g. Sarah@training4u.icomplete.com
Password: – enter your CRM password:
Please make sure the ‘Use IMAP/POP3 account password’ box is unchecked as shown below:
Enter your Email address as shown below:
Click on ‘Test or discover settings’ as shown below:
You will see a message box pop up - click OK
The Server Settings section should then look like the example below:
26. Sync Settings – enter the following:
Synchronization mode: – choose Outlook Server - Two Way
Conflict Resolution: - Select Outlook wins:
Synchronization interval – select 5 mins as shown below:
27. Select the Synchronisation past days and future days as shown below:
28. Click OK.
29. You will then see the status box below: The status should have a green tick as shown below:
30. You will also see that on your computers tool bar a small icon will be displayed as shown below:
31. Right click this icon to either ‘Synchronize now’ or view your Synchronization profile: