How to sync your contacts with your Android mobile contacts
You can push your contacts from CRM account over to your Android mobile phone by setting up a 1-way sync so that contacts inside your CRM database will appear as contacts on your Android mobile.
This means that only your ‘business contacts’ are copied over to your mobile and not your ‘personal contacts’ from your mobile into your CRM account. To set this up please follow the instructions below:
Pre Sync Instructions:
1. Please set up a new tag called ‘sync’ or if you want to add your initials to the tag such as ‘sync-ho’ etc as this will help you identify your contacts inside your CRM account – to set this new tag up please click here for guidance.
2. Add this new tag ‘sync’ (or whatever tag name you have set up) into the Settings icon
Inside the 'Your Settings' tab where you see the ‘SyncML’ fields for both Incoming and Outgoing as shown in the screenshot below:
Enter your tag into both the Incoming and Outgoing fields as shown above and click on ‘Update Settings’ to save
3. Please also make sure you have your CRM account login details to hand as you will need these as part of the set up process. If you do not know your password and you need to re-set your password please click here.
4. If using an Android Smart Phone you may need to go to your Google Play Store icon on your mobile phone and download for free the CardDAV-Sync free app by Marten Gajda which is recommended for syncing calendars.
Please click here to find out more about this free CardDAV-Sync free download.
Once you have installed the CardDav-Sync free app please do the following:
1. Open up the Settings icon on your Android Smart Phone
2. Scroll down to 'Accounts' and tap on 'Add Account'
3. Select 'CardDAV' by tapping on the CardDAV icon as shown below. Please do not select 'CardDAV Address Book' option.
4. Select 'CardDAV' again
5. You will then see the following screen where you will need to enter account data:
Please enter the following into the fields:
- Server name or URL: webdav.crmdomain.com
- Use SSL- please leave this box checked as shown above and below:
- Username:·firstname.lastname@example.org i.e. Sarah@training4u.icomplete.com
- Password: enter your password used to login to your CRM account
- Client certificate: this will have 'None' in the field - please ignore this