This typically means that the phone has failed to register, perhaps due to an incorrect or changed authentication password.
The line has therefore become unregistered most likely due to the password failing and your public IP address is most likely now blocked.
To resolve this issue we would need you to do the following:
1. Let us know your public IPv4 address - just type into a web browser 'What is my IP address' and let us know this so that we can make sure this is unblocked for you.
2. Then we will need you to confirm that your Gigaset base station is plugged in correctly, with the blue light lit up on the front of the base.
3. Next we need you to find the IP address on your phone and then let us know what this is. The IP address from your phone will be used to help you access the Gigaset web interface settings.
4. On your Gigaset cordless DECT handset select the Menu option.
5. Click the Settings option and OK
6. Click the Base option and OK
7. Click Local Network option and OK
8. This will give you an IP address - write down what the IP address is.
Please click here to see some instructions on the above to help you find your VoIP IP address.
9. Type in the VoIP IP address into a browser window on your PC and press the return key to load the page.
Please note: your PC must be connected to the same network (router) as your phone in order for you to access the Gigaset phone web interface settings.
10. This brings you into the Gigaset web interface login screen - enter 0000 as the password to access and click OK as shown below to login:
11. This will bring you to a Gigaset main screen see example below. Click on the Settings option as shown in red:
12. Next click on Telephony option as shown below:
13. Then select Connections - as shown below:
14. To add a new VoIP line onto your current phone you should select a line which says – “Not configured” and click on Edit as shown in the example below:
15. This will then display the IP connection screen as shown below:
16. Enter your connection name or VoIP line number into the Connection Name or Number field.
17. For the ‘Authentication name’ please enter your VoIP extension number. This can be found inside your CRM account under the Phone icon inside the Line Configuration settings - please click here.
18. For the 'Authentication password’ enter your VoIP unique number which is found inside the 'Secret' field.
This can be found inside your CRM account under the Phone icon inside the Line Configuration settings as shown below:
19. For the ‘Username’ please enter your VoIP extension number. This can be found inside your CRM under the Phone icon inside the Line Configuration settings - please click here.
20. In the Display name field - enter the name of your phone line.
21. Next click on ‘Show advanced settings’ as shown above in red. You will then see the following displayed:
22. For the ‘Domain’ / ‘Registration server’ / ‘Outbound server address’ enter ‘sip.crmdomain.com’
23. For ‘Proxy server port’ / ‘Registration server port’ / ‘Outbound proxy port’ enter 5065 … this port number usually gets around issues with firewalls / routers – alternatively 5060 can be used.
24. For the ‘Registration refresh time’ we recommend this be set to 60 sec
25. Then click ‘Set’ to save as shown above in red.
When you have finished please log off to exit.
Your line should now be registered successfully and able to make and receive calls once again.