The total number of phone lines you need to run your CRM and VoIP account depends on how you work.
1. Simple set up
1 x main VoIP phone line that has multiple extensions added to it.
It could be set up to ring as a hunt or ring group so that when calls come in they would be picked up by the next available extension.
- Low cost set up and run
- Works well with a one man band
- As the extensions are set up on the one number you WOULD NOT be able to divert calls to another extension (to do this you would have to have separate phone lines set up for each extension)
- You cannot forward calls as all of the extensions are linked to just the one line (to do this you would have to have separate phone lines set up for each extension)
- Calls statistics would only show the total of calls coming in not details of individual call volume, response rates and productivity associated to a user
- Calls cannot be transferred within the team as no physical extensions
- Call recording only shows collectively not associated or filtered down to one particular line
- No voice mail in email associated to anyone user - but can send all voice mails to one generic email address if needed.
2. Most popular set up
1 x main phone line that has multiple extension LINES sitting behind it. It could be set up to ring as a group/hung ring so that when calls come in they would be picked up by the next available extension.
- Calls can easily be forwarded to each persons extension
- Each extension can receive voice mail in email and pick up missed calls
- Calls can be diverted to another number
- Calls can be transferred internally within the team
- Calls statistics can reveal powerful information on a user basis i.e how many calls they made daily, weekly, monthly, average length of call, cost of calls, unanswered calls etc
- Call recording associated specifically to individuals within the team
- Perfect solution for a team
- Costs a little more as you need to set up all your users with a phone line.
- However the advantages easily outweigh cost given Managers are able to see how productive team members are especially in sales, support and call centre environments.
- Call capacity restrictions as you start to grow you may need to add on additional phone equipment so that you can accommodate more calls both incoming and outgoing. Please click here to read more on this.
To discuss further please contact our Support Helpdesk.