If you want hold music added to your VoIP line then yes this is possible but please be aware of the following:
1. Is your music royalty free? If not you will need a licence to play this music or you can instead use a script recording that you have had professionally done which can be added.
2. Are you just going to be placing a caller on hold or will you be transferring them to another line?
Please note: If you are going to be transferring to another line then you need to make sure that you have physical VoIP extension lines set up to do this otherwise your music will not play when the caller is being transferred, instead it will default to the Gigaset music as without having a virtual extension line to transfer to we are unable to override the default music.
3. Please note: if you need to have an additional VoIP extension lines set up for the above this will cost £9 + VAT per month per line
4. Please note: that there is a cost to add customised hold music onto your VoIP lines - please contact our Support Desk for pricing.
5. If you do not have extension lines to transfer callers to then the caller will hear the standard Gigaset music which can be turned off if you wish via the Gigaset web interface settings - please click here to see how.
6. In order to put a caller on hold - for them to hear the music of your choice you must put them on hold using the following keys on a Gigaset cordless Dect phone:
7. Please contact our Support Desk with the music file to be added or with any questions.
The hold music that we had customised is not playing when putting callers on hold or transferring internally, why?
This could be due to the way you are transferring the call or it could be because you are not transferring to a physical extension number and instead to just a phone handset/name.
In order to put a caller on hold - for them to hear the music of your choice you must put them on hold using the following keys: